Project Developer– PV Project Solutions (PVPS)03/08/14
- Scottsdale, AZ
The Project Developer (PD), PVPS will identify, target and develop new accounts in the Commercial sector. Will establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base. The primary purpose of this team is to drive value add solutions in the highly competitive Solar marketplace. The PD for PVPS must have experience selling directly to commercial customers as well as experience selling to developers and EPC. This role requires selling an economic transaction, which will require a solid financial acumen to drive our financing options which includes Kyocera PPA. The PD must have experience in selling complicated systems (or large scale projects) to Commercial customers. The PD will have a deep understanding of solar project and will utilize that understanding to develop and expand this business unit. With proven ‘consultive’ sales experience, the PD will identify solutions which enable the customer to utilize Solar as a meaningful component to their ongoing renewable energy strategy.
- Increase Kyocera’s Co-Development by working directly with the developer’s and EPC’s to execute the Kyocera PPA.
- Retain, identify, target and develop new “direct” accounts. This includes preparing account plans with measurable metrics (maintains accurate records of all pricing, sales, and activity reports).
- The PD must define and penetrate new targeted organizations and establish who the key decision makers are in the given organizations. The sales person must be able to build relationships which seek a long term relationship (solution sale) versus simple component sale. The PD prepares and reviews account plans to insure meeting the customer’s needs while protecting the company’s position in the marketplace.
- Product Strategy and Positioning - The PD plays a crucial role in determining the product strategy and financial solutions which can be customized to meet the customers “clean energy needs”.
- The candidate must be able to understand the customers desire to tailor certain components to meet their financial models and build a balanced solution which benefits both the customer and KYOCERA Solar, Inc.
- This position will “own” the customer relationship and work with marketing, engineering, finance and operations to interface the entire KYOCERA Solar, Inc. organization to understand the customer’s needs and future plans. This includes coordinating and solving any problems that arise when the product is installed.
- Prepares Annual Plan, Monthly Sales Plan, Forecasts, and other data for Profit/Loss reporting for sales.
- Responsible for managing Profit/Loss statements, Operating Expense reports for the Business Unit including meeting the established plans.
- Preparing and submitting concepts, plans, proposals, and quotations in response to customer inquiries or contacts. Assists peers with account plans, proposals and presentations when needed.
- Professionally representing the Company at trade shows, conferences, and meetings.
- Continuously evaluating personal performance and implementing improvements where required.
. Bachelor degree required, technical degree preferred.
. Proven experience in consultive sales environment (5-7 years).
. Minimum of 5 years of Sales to Commercial Customers of highly complex systems and solutions.
. Proven work experience successfully selling to C-level executives preferred (F500 companies).
. Strong understanding of customer requirements and market dynamics.
· Willingness to travel and work on national accounts (America’s).
· Strong problem-solving, strategic thinking, and analytical skills.
· Strong team-orientation/skills required.
. Proficient with Microsoft Office and familiar with SAP or similar operating systems.
· Exceptional communications skills, including inter-personal, writing, and speaking.
· Ability to work effectively, knowledgeably and collaboratively with a wide range of internal and external functions.
· Creativity in new ways of articulating our value to users, and differentiating Kyocera against competitors.
· Comfortable with our company culture and philosophy: “To do what is right as a human being”.
How to Apply
Send resumes to KSI-HR@kyocera.com
*NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE*